When you are a beginner in the gym, there is one question which arises in your mind that “how to choose the right exercises in the gym as a beginner?“.
This is natural if there is no one to guide or train you. But, you don’t need to worry about all that. I will tell you the best exercises which are perfectly suitable for beginners.
First, keep in mind that if you are a newbie in the gym, your body and your muscle are not ready to work with a heavyweight.
You have not the habit of lifting weight. And in such cases, one mistake or wrong way of doing exercise can harm you in form of injuries.
So, you must aware of the type of exercises suitable for you.
Body Warm up Exercises
Generally, starting with freehand exercises is one of the best options for you.
Because these free hand exercises help in warming up your body. Your muscle tissues get open up and ready to learn the new lightweight training.
So, there are many free hand exercises that you can do before trying weight load exercises.
I have given the 5 best exercises which not only warm up your body but also reduces the risk of injuries.
1. Side twist: Side twist warm up your abdominal muscle. It is easy, simple, and does not require any special technique to perform.
2. Jumping Jacks: Jumping jacks is an exercise for the overall body. It increases your endurance and stamina.
3. Pushups: The exercise targets your whole upper body. This is one of the best isometric exercises. Pushups also help to develop your muscle size of biceps, shoulder, triceps, chest, and back.
If you want to know other exercises with these in detail, you can view my post on Free Hand Exercises.
Beginner Gym Exercises
Now, let’s move on to some weight exercises.
Remember, you should avoid those exercises which apply much pressure on your muscle, otherwise, it may cause you injury. I will tell you the list of some exercises which you can do as a beginner.
1. Dumbbell curl: It helps to develop your biceps muscle. This exercise is simple and does not require a lot of techniques. And also chances of injuries are less in this exercise.
2. Dumbbell hammer curl: Dumbbell hammer curl is also similar to dumbbell curl but differs in the wrist position.
To know how to perform these biceps exercises, you can view the post on dumbbell gym exercises.
3. Dumbbell Triceps extension: Dumbbell triceps extension develop your triceps muscle. You can perform this exercise in a standing position or by sitting on a bench. But, I think, at the start, you should do this with the bench.
4. Tricep Dips: Dips is an isometric exercise. It targets primarily your triceps muscle. You can do it with weight or without weight. But, you need a bench for this exercise.
For knowing, how to perform these exercises, you can view my post on Best Triceps exercises in gym.
5. Dumbbell chest press: Dumbbell press helps to develop your chest muscle size. You need two lightweight dumbbells for this exercise.
6. Dumbbell fly: Dumbbell fly helps give shape to your chest muscle. It is one of the best exercises in defining your chest muscle.
To know the proper form of doing these exercises, you can view my post on chest gym exercises.
7. Barbell shoulder press: This exercise puts tension on your shoulder muscle. For this exercise, you need a barbell and you can use a barbell without or with weight.
8. Dumbbell shoulder press: It is also for your shoulder muscle to develop. For this exercise, you can use two lightweight dumbbells.
To know the proper form of doing these exercises, you can view my post on different shoulder exercises in gym.
9. Dumbbell rowing: Dumbbell rowing targets primarily your lats which is a back muscle. You can use 5-10 kg dumbbells in this exercise.
10. Seated rowing: It is also for developing your back muscle. As a beginner, you have to start this exercise with a lightweight. But, remember to do it in proper form.
You can also view my post on gym exercises for back muscle.